Monday, March 7, 2011
The Weekend Blouse Muslin
I cut the medium as printed. The construction is pretty simple. I did some research beforehand so I expected the sleeves to be long, the neck opening to be low cut, and the overall length to be short-ish. All of these issues were present on my muslin. None of these issues will be difficult to remedy.
The last two pictures show how I used stitch witchery for the bias binding, to set it in place before the final row of stitching. A very narrow strip pressed into the seam allowance does the trick. It does take a little extra time, but the effort pays off with a very neat finish.
You'll be seeing more versions of this blouse being made, soon.
Posted by Noel at 3:21 PM
- ▼ March (6)
- ► 2010 (83)